The National Irrigation Administration – Region 2 held a groundbreaking ceremony for the establishment of Regional Office building at Camasi, Peñablanca, Cagayan on August 26, 2021, led by Sr. Deputy Administrator BGen Abraham B Bagasin (Ret), after decades of sharing an office space with the Magat River Integrated Irrigation System located in Minante 1, Cauayan City, Isabela.
Acting Division Manager of Engineering and Operations Division, Engr, Orlando R. Espejo discussed that the overall Program of Work for the project amounting to P 177,229,920.00, calls for the construction of building facilities for NIA Region 2 which includes:
- Sub-surface exploration or soil boring to determine the capacity of the foundation if adequate for the buildings.Construction of a two-storey Regional Office building having a 15m x 60m dimensions and a floor area of 900 sq.m. per floor which has also a roof deck.
- Construction of a two-storey Regional Office building having a 15m x 60m dimensions and a floor area of 900 sq.m. per floor which has also a roof deck.
- Construction of a two-storey Staff house building having a 16m x 30m with a floor area of 480 sq.m. per floor.
- Construction of a two-storey Guest House building having a 9m x 13m with a floor area of 117 sq.m. per floor
- Furnitures and Office Equipment
- Drainage Network
- Site Development and Fencing
- Construction of Guard House
- Construction of Motor Pool
- Construction of Material Testing Office
An initial allocation for the project amounting to P 78,000,00000 was released for the Phase 1 implementation. The project was awarded to ASC Construction and Concrete Products. The duration of the contract is for 210 calendar days.
In attendance were, Provincial Administrator of Cagayan, Darwin B. Sacramed, Vice Mayor of Peñablanca, Cagayan, Hon. Marilyn M. Julia-Taguinod, Regional Manager Raymundo B. Apil and his key officials, CRPIP Project Manager Roland V. Apaga and staff and Division Manager of Apayao IMO, Engr. Samuel C. Bahiwag.
Administrative and Finance Manager, Rubelita S. Bancod said, that the construction of Regional Office will serve as an intermediary or middleman between the organization and its clients.
NIA Top Management Officials, headed by Administrator Ricardo R. Visaya, through the ingenuity of the late Deputy Administrator for Administrative and Finance Sector Romeo G Gan, ensures that having a defined workplace, it is much easier to focus and get down to the task at hand.